Sunday, October 27, 2013

Ecole est Terminer!

Friday, October 25, 2013

Our last day of class! Yay!  John was up early to finish his last homework assignment...

Did Mine Last Night! Snap!


...and I was up early because of...

The Birds

It is hard to tell from this photo.  It is a view outside the kitchen window. There are thousands of rooks living in the trees that line the Cours.  They are huge and they are noisy. It is really like listening to the soundtrack of the opening credits for "The Birds".  EXACTLY the same sound. 

French class was really wonderful.  We made some good friends and had a really great time.  Since I was in the Level 1 class (kind of like pre-school), we did a lot of work with listening and pronunciation. We did role playing exercises (LOVED being the waiter!), played board games (my team was Les Femmes Formidables!) and laughed a lot.  Our two instructors were incredible.  I can't imagine having the patience they had with our group of beginners. I learned some very practical French while John's class focused on grammar. I think I had more fun, but I am sure he learned a lot more. 


























1 comment:

  1. You must've had such a good time. School is not something I would do while away, so you deserve applause for that! How do you say that in French?

    ReplyDelete